Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's Bad Enough When Idiots Pass Laws That Make Your Son's Life Worse...

It's even worse when you are the one who passed the law.   A heart-breaking piece in the October 15, 2012 Washington Post by a former Connecticut legislator:
My son is schizophrenic. The ‘reforms’ that I worked for have worsened his life.
Those who have read My Brother Ron know some of what he has to say -- and some additional problems that I would not have thought about, such as the failure of public schools to adequately handle severe mental illness.

I have been doing a lot of radio talk shows the last few days, most of which start out about gun rights, but I rapidly turn the topic to mental health system failure, because that's really at the core of the whole "assault weapons" issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment