Monday, July 1, 2013

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover, Or a Motel By Its Sign

I was looking for a place to stay in Bend, Oregon, that wasn't too expensive, and one place with startling positive reviews was the Holiday Motel on 3rd Street.  It is a classic 1950s motel, but nicely redecorated on the inside. 


I don't know how much of the bathroom is original, but the showerhead sure acts like a 1950s showerhead -- plenty of water!  This is the high season for Bend, so it wasn't cheap -- but it was reasonably priced compared to others, and I was astonished at how well I slept.

1 comment:

  1. If I only want a place to stay overnight, I swear by Motel 6.

    Nothing fancy but always a clean comfortable room. I have found them to be very reliable in terms of cleanliness and comfort. Better consistency than some other more expensive chains.

    And only $40-50 per night.

    I doubt I would stay more than a single night, though.

    John Henry

    ReplyDelete