Monday, June 1, 2015

Ionic Breeze

Are you old enough to remember The Sharper Image?   They were one of the first mail order operations that I remember targeting Yuppies in the 1980s (although I was too cool to identify myself as such).  The Ionic Breeze was one item they sold that ionized air to pull dust and pollen out of the air.  The nice thing was that there were no filters to replace; just clean off the collecting plates every so often.  This really appealed to my cheap side!  Pollen is becoming a problem, because of our wet weather this  spring, so I grabbed two of the 1990s vintage units from my daughter.  One immediately burst into heavy smoking; the other is working just fine.  So I bought a new one .  They are cheaper than the old days and are improving our sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment