Thursday, September 3, 2015

Technical Difficulties

I am about to start the next phase of machining these parts, and suddenly, my ancient notebook running Ubuntu 10.04 (the special version for LinuxCNC) is in its own universe.    The wireless network no longer works, nor does a wired Ethernet connection.  I tried to copy the files to print to a USB drive, but there is a permission problem that does not allow copying to it.  I even tried installing a USB 3.5" floppy drive, but Ubuntru 10.04 seems to have no idea what it is.  I fear I will have to type these programs in by hand on my other obsolete notebook.  But the latest version of LinuxCNC bundles withj a Debian version of Linux.

Just needed to reset my router.  It appears that DHCP requests were not being processed correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment