Saturday, December 9, 2017

Darn Useful for Finding Your Missing Android

Isn't "Little Lost Android" the name of a famous short story?  Lost my phone.  The Life360 app on my wife's phone told me it was in my house.  But where?  Ringtone off for church means you can't find it by calling it, but this page lets you force it to ring for 5 minutes even if ringtone is off.  It has to be on, and connected to your Google account, but it helped me find it in my bathrobe pocket.  Just listen for the Darth Vader theme.  This page lets you see where you have been, going back many  months.  Google as the new CIA:
Unlike the Android Device Manager, the Timeline feature of Google Maps doesn’t focus on tracking down a lost phone. You can use your location data for many different things such as looking up past travel routes or last night’s pub crawl tour. 

2 comments:

  1. "Little Lost Robot" by Isaac Asimov
    http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?45670

    ReplyDelete